RETURN TO PRESS MENU
- “Tetris” starring Taron Egerton premieres globally on Apple TV+ on March 31, 2023. “Tetris” tells the unbelievable story of how one of the world's most popular video games found its way to avid players around the globe. More Info
- Tetris included in launch lineup of Game Boy games on Nintendo Switch Online.
- Tetris Effect: Connected, by Enhance, launches on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation VR2.
- The Tetris Company partners with Gaming Realms to bring Tetris Slingo to social and real money platforms.
- Tetris The Grand Master, by ARIKA, launches on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch via Arcade Archives by HAMSTER.
- Tetris Effect: Connected, by Enhance, launches on Amazon Luna.
- Fizz Creations' Tetris Tetrimino Waffle Maker receives the Inspired Innovation Award at the 2022 Brand & Licensing Awards (B&LLAs).
- FILA Kids launches Tetris apparel collection for kids in China and FILA Indonesia releases Tetris footwear and apparel collection in Indonesia.
- New Era launches Tetris branded headwear in Japan.
- Buffalo Games launches Tetris board game in North America.
- G Fuel releases Tetris Blast energy drink and Natur Food releases Tetris Gummies. Both products were finalists in the 2022 Licensing International Excellence Awards for Best Licensed Product Food/Beverage for Corporate Brands.
- Tetris Arcade Machine declared World's Largest standing at 16 Feet Tall by Guinness World Records.
- The Tetris Company and Kura Sushi USA launch Bikkura Pon Prize Collaboration at all Kura Revolving Sushi Bar locations in the U.S.
- Mercedes-Benz Group AG officially licenses Tetris for use in the all-new Mercedes-Benz EQS.
- The Tetris Company teams up with Samsung to launch limited edition food storage in the iconic Tetrimino shapes to help reduce food waste through better fridge organization.
- Through a strategic partnership with The Tetris Company and N3TWORK, PLAYSTUDIOS has assumed the exclusive global, multi-title mobile rights (excluding China) for the Tetris game.
- NYX Cosmetics launches limited edition Tetris cosmetics.
- Tetris Effect: Connected, by Enhance, launches for Nintendo Switch and Steam.
- Tetris Beat, by N3TWORK Inc., a unique music rhythm game featuring a diverse and eclectic lineup of incredible musicians including Alison Wonderland, GARZA, Hannah Diamond, Octo Octa, Dauwd, CINTHIE and many more, launches on Apple Arcade.
- Tetris continues to expand its lifestyle options via collaborations with apparel companies, including H&M, Zara, and Bestseller.
- Apple announces "Tetris: The Movie" will join its growing lineup of premium films from award-winning storytellers. Starring Golden Globe Award-winner Taron Egerton ("Rocketman," "Kingsman" franchise).
- Puyo Puyo™ Tetris 2, by Sega, launches for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
- Tetris Effect: Connected, by Enhance, launches for Meta Quest, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
- Tetris teams up with PowerStation Studios, a UK-based creative studio, to help raise vital funds to fight COVID-19.
- Tetris mobile app, by N3TWORK Inc., adds a new dimension with daily game show featuring more than $1 million in annual cash prizes.
- Oxford-based researchers launch DISTRACTOR which incorporates Tetris to assist frontline workers affected from the added stress of battling COVID-19.
- The Tetris brand turns 35; In honor of its monumental 35th anniversary year, a new Tetris logo debuts.
- Tetris 99 for the Nintendo Switch launches and becomes one of the top online multiplayer battle games of the year.
- The award-winning Tetris Effect, by Enhance, grows fan base with new PC version on Epic Games Store.
- New partnership with N3TWORK paves the way for new future Tetris games on mobile.
- The Tetris lifestyle brand marks broad global expansion with new merchandise licensees, including sneakers/athleisure wear (PUMA), makeup (Ipsy), gourmet foods (Sushi Shop), fashion (GXG, Sock It To Me, Uniqlo, etc.), jewelry (Modcloth), games and merchandise (Sanrio), and more.
- Scientific Games reimagines iconic Tetris gameplay with new Tetris Extreme slot game.
- Red Bull launches new "Mind Gamers" website featuring a new HTML5-based Tetris game, Tetris M1NDB3NDER.
- Tetris Effect, by Enhance, launches for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR, earning more than 60+ “Best of 2018” and “Game of the Year” honors.
- The Tetris Company partners with leading online game developer and operator in China, Changyou.com, to bring exclusive Tetris-branded games for mobile devices in China.
- Dentsu Inc. and Litaartisan LLC team up to develop new “Made in Japan” Tetris products inspired by Japanese crafts.
- Tetris, by CoolGames, goes live on the Instant Games platform for Messenger.
- OppoSuits pays tribute to the Tetris brand’s iconic Tetrimino design with a bespoke Tetris suit for men.
- Scientific Games launches Tetris Super Jackpots, bringing Tetris to the Real Money online slot sector for the first time on PC and mobile.
- Two puzzle game juggernauts collide as Tetris and Puyo Puyo™ from SEGA are combined to create a fun-to-play, fast-paced, competitive party game like no other with Puyo Puyo Tetris.
- Tetris Burst, the first-ever Tetris-branded cash game, launches on GSN's Worldwinner.com.
- The Tetris Company appoints Dentsu as merchandising and advertising agent in Japan.
- Tetris Twist debuts on Yahoo! Japan and CoolGames.com, utilizing the latest HTML5 technology.
- Tetris inducted into The Strong's inaugural class of the World Video Game Hall of Fame (Rochester, New York).
- Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov awarded the prestigious Honorary Award at the Fun & Serious Games Festival (Bilbao, Spain).
- Tetris featured in the Museum of Transport and Technology's "Get Smart" interactive exhibit (Auckland, New Zealand).
- Tetris appears along with other iconic video game brands in Sony Pictures' film Pixels.
- To celebrate the 60th anniversary of The Palace of Culture and Science, the palace windows are turned into a live playable Tetris game (Warsaw, Poland).
- Tetris debuts on Steam gaming platform with Tetris Ultimate.
- Texas Lottery introduces "Don't Mess with Tetris" $2 instant ticket game, selling 37% of tickets in first four weeks.
- Tetris earns Guinness World Record for "Most Variants of a Videogame" with 215 official variants released as of May 2015.
- Tetris achieves more than 425 million paid mobile downloads.
- Tetris named one of the top-selling video games of all time according to Guinness World Records 2014 Gamer's Edition.
- Tetris played on the 29-story Cira Centre in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, earning a new Guinness World Record for largest architectural video game display (11,111.2 square meters).
- World celebrates 30 years of Tetris!
- Electronic Arts introduces Tetris Blitz for iOS and it quickly becomes the #1 free game on the App Store. Tetris Blitz also launches on Android devices worldwide.
- Hasbro launches Jenga Tetris and Bop It! Tetris.
- Paladone's Tetris Light wins Gift of the Year Award.
- The Tetris game is added to NYC's Museum of Modern Art as part of its permanent exhibit on Applied Design.
- Tetris Battle on Facebook reaches more than 20 billion games played to date, making it one of the social platform's most popular games.
- Tetris Battle tops more than one billion games played online each month.
- Tetris expands lifestyle merchandise offering with creative and fun new products.
- Tetris named one of the top selling game app downloads of the year on Apple's App Store.
- Tetris expands into augmented reality with launch of Tetris Axis for Nintendo 3DS.
- Tetris named number one PSN game.
- Tetris Link receives multiple awards, including the Mensa Select Award, Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards "Game of the Year," Good Housekeeping Research Institutes "Best Games of 2011," and more.
- The state of New Jersey introduces Tetris themed instant lottery tickets.
- New Tetris game for iPad debuts.
- Tetris Party Deluxe launches for Nintendo Wii and DS.
- The Tetris lifestyle grows with introduction of new Tetris merchandise line featuring clothing, jewelry, decorative items, household goods and more.
- Tetris for the PlayStation Network launches to critical acclaim.
- Tetris surpasses 100 million paid mobile downloads, becoming the best-selling mobile game of all time.
- Tetris Online unveils the first official Web-based Tetris game site Tetris Friends Online Games.
- Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition ranks Tetris #2 on the "Top 50 Console Games of All Time."
- Tetris celebrates its 25th anniversary!
- Tetris Online, Inc. releases Tetris Party on the Wii. Tetris Party soon climbs to the #1 spot for WiiWare downloads and is nominated for Best WiiWare Game 2008 and Best Puzzle Game 2008 by IGN.
- EA Mobile releases Tetris for the iPhone/iPod Touch.
- NHN Hangame launches a new online multiplayer Tetris in Korea, and it quickly becomes the #1 casual game in Korea.
Alexey Pajitnov receives the First Penguin Award at the Game Developers Conference. Tetris is widely recognized as the game that gave birth to the casual games industry.
- EA purchases Jamdat, and becomes the new exclusive licensee of Tetris for mobile devices.
- Tetris for the iPod is launched and instantly becomes Apple's #1 downloaded game.
- Tetris DS earns Guinness World Record for "First wireless Tetris game," supporting up to 10 players locally or four online via Wi-Fi connection.
- Nintendo launches Tetris DS for Nintendo DS and sells over two million copies worldwide.
- Jamdat purchases Blue Lava Wireless and obtains an exclusive, worldwide 15-year license to publish Tetris on mobile devices.
- Henk Rogers establishes Blue Lava Wireless to develop Tetris for mobile devices in North America. Tetris rapidly gains momentum in the mobile market in North America, and with strategic partnerships in Korea and Europe, becomes the leader in mobile games.
- Artist Roger Dean designs a bold and distinctive logo for Tetris.
- The Tetris Company is formed, and becomes the exclusive source of all licenses to Tetris.
- The Tetris Guidelines are created to establish consistency and quality standards for Tetris.
- Henk Rogers establishes Blue Planet Software, which becomes the exclusive agent for the Tetris brand.
- Tetris becomes the first video game to make it into space according to the Guinness World Records 2014 Gamer's Edition.
- Henk Rogers meets Alexey Pajitnov for the first time, and they immediately become friends.
- Henk Rogers secures the handheld rights to Tetris. He then licenses those rights to Nintendo.
- Nintendo's Game Boy launches platform with one packed-in cartridge—Tetris. Over 35 million copies are sold.
- The Software Publisher's Association awards Tetris four Excellence in Software Awards, which were then considered the "Oscars" for the software industry.
- Video game designer and publisher Henk Rogers discovers Tetris at a Las Vegas tradeshow and is instantly hooked on the game. Soon after, Henk's company, Bullet-Proof Software, releases Tetris on the PC and NES in Japan. It becomes a "software blockbuster," selling over two million copies.
- Tetris launches on PCs in North America and Europe – the first step in its global expansion beyond the Soviet Union.
- Tetris is ported to the IBM PC and quickly spreads throughout the Soviet Union.
- Tetris is born in Moscow. Russian scientist Alexey Pajitnov develops the very first version of Tetris on an Electronika 60.