Tetris Champs Prepare to Battle at the 10th Annual Classic Tetris World Championship, October 18-20 in Portland, OR
On October 18-20, the 10th annual CTWC, a tournament organized by avid Tetris fans, returns at the Oregon Convention Center during the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, where Tetris masters from around the world compete against each other playing the 1989 NES version of the Tetris game for a chance to win the coveted CTWC trophy and their share of $10K in total cash prizes. Competitors will include returning champions Joseph Saelee (2018), Jonas Neubauer (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017), Harry Hong (2014), European champion Svavar Gunnar Gunnarsson, Japanese Tetris Grand Master Koryan, and many other players featured in the award-winning documentary Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters.
Entry fee for the CTWC is $20. Entrants can make as many qualifying attempts as time permits. For details, prizing and rules for all tournaments, please visit http://thectwc.com/rules/.
CTWC to also feature:
- Fun Tetris Game Demos: Attendees can demo TETRIS® EFFECT by Enhance, now available on PlayStation®4, with optional support for PlayStation®VR, and on PC via EPIC Games Store, with support for VR Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Learn more at https://www.tetriseffect.game. AtGames® Digital Media Inc. will also showcase its new Legends Ultimate arcade machine, featuring hundreds of classic arcade and home video games in a full-sized arcade unit. Learn more at https://arcades.atgames.net.
- Additional Sponsors Include: The Tetris Company, Inc., Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE), Shacknews, Super Impulse, Paladone, CogWorks Laboratory, PriceCharting, Swedish Columbia, The Gaming Stadium, Total Radness and WiseApe Tea.
Portland Retro Gaming Expo at the Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland, Oregon
The CTWC finals will be livestreamed on Sunday, Oct. 20 at https://www.twitch.tv/classictetris
Friday, Oct. 18
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Mini-tournaments
Saturday, Oct. 19
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: NES Qualifying Rounds
- 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Seeds 17-48 compete in a “Round Zero” to advance to the 32-player tournament bracket Main Event on Sunday
Sunday, Oct. 20
- 10:30 am – 1:15 pm: Early Qualifying Rounds – Top 32 and Top 16
- 2:00 pm – 4:55 pm: Qualifying Rounds – Top 8 and Top 4
- 5:00 pm – 5:40 pm: Final Championship Round – Top 2
- 5:40 pm – 5:50 pm: Classic Tetris World Championship Award Presentation
About the CTWC
To learn more, visit http://thectwc.com/, and follow on Twitter (@TheCTWC) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/classictetris/).
About the Tetris® Brand
The Tetris® brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. Now celebrating its 35th anniversary year, the brand continues to be loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over 500 million Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. The Tetris brand’s global licensee network includes major video game publishers, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft and Sega, as well as many partners in electronics, toys, apparel, lifestyle goods, entertainment and more. Tetris Holding, LLC, is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide, and The Tetris Company, Inc. is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris brand and Tetris products, please visit www.tetris.com.
Become a fan of Tetris on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Tetris) and follow Tetris on Twitter (@Tetris_Official) and Instagram (@Tetris_Official).
# # #
All copyrights, trademarks, logos and brands are property of their respective owners.
For all press related inquiries, please contact: