Call Us Tetris! Blue Planet Software, the Sole Agent for the Tetris Brand Gets New Name
Tetris Lifestyle Goods and Experiences Level Up with Huge Expansion of Merchandising Partnerships
LAS VEGAS, October 21, 2020 – Blue Planet Software Inc., known by video game and merchandise licensees worldwide as the sole agent for the Tetris brand, today announced the company will now be recognized by the same name as the iconic brand that it represents – Tetris.
The company also revealed 18 new and returning licensed merchandise partners who are bringing original products and entertainment experiences featuring the Tetris brand, from all kinds of new apparel and footwear to décor, debit cards, stationery, accessories, well-being, and much more to their respective markets this year and early 2021. This expansive lineup of new licensees showcases the continued growth of the brand’s lifestyle offering, enjoyed by devotees around the world who love to show their affinity for all things Tetris – the game we all play together.
“Just as the Tetris brand has evolved over the past 36 years, so have we,” says Maya Rogers, president and CEO of Tetris. “We have long recognized that our broad, global network of video game and merchandise licensees and licensing agents mostly identify our company by the name Tetris. Therefore, we decided to make it official. We look forward to continuing to work with our partners to deliver great, innovative games, lifestyle products and experiences to fans, including the many new partners we’re announcing today – only now you’ll know us simply as Tetris.”
New Tetris Products
The world of Tetris will soon introduce new game-changing collaborations and innovative products, including:
- Innex – Game on the go with the Go Retro! Portable. Enjoy up to 10 hours of nonstop gameplay anywhere and anytime. Packed with over 250 classic games and genres featuring Tetris, BurgerTime, Bad Dudes and More!
- Loot Crate – Curated collections of Tetris apparel and accessories available in select subscription boxes.
- Natür Food – Tetris-branded functional gummies launch in Europe, the United States and Canada in 2021.
- OppoSuits– Our sharply tailored Tetris collection will continue to expand in 2021.
- Pinfinity – Collectible Tetris pins enhanced with patented augmented reality that reveal animation, music, exclusive content and more when scanned via their free app. Now available online.
- Buffalo Games & Puzzles – New board games targeted to hit retail in fall 2021.
- CARD.com – A colorful series of Tetris pre-paid, online debit cards are available now.
- Mad Engine – All new Tetris T-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, accessories and more launching at retail in time for holiday 2020.
- Open Road Brands – Bringing the power of Tetris to homes everywhere with wall décor, magnets, and more. Available in Mass and Specialty Retail in 2021.
- Pollard Banknote – More Tetris-themed instant lottery scratch tickets now in Nebraska and coming to Ontario in December.
- Blokken – The popular quiz show which features Tetris as a core element of the show kicks off its 27th season in Benelux.
- Diakakis Imports – New Tetris-themed back to school gear and activity sets offered in Greece, Cyprus and Malta this fall.
- Ermoda – 30 years experienced leading jersey producer and designer company debuts a range of Tetris-themed apparel for men, women and kids in countries across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa this fall.
- Fizz Creations – A small, keychain device to take the Tetris game with you on-the-go to arrive in early 2021.
- Hunter Price – New lifestyle products coming to the UK and Ireland in spring 2021.
- MadLab – A larger than life Tetris arcade experience coming to this popular venue in Zaragoza, Spain, this October.
- Gametech – Tetris Mini, a playable keychain device available in six colors, launched in Japan this October.
- Moritoku – New Tetris fashion and home accessories, plus stationery sets, arriving at retailers in Japan in early 2021.
About the Tetris® Brand
The Tetris® brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. Now after more than 35 years, the brand continues to be loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over 500 million Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. The Tetris brand’s global licensee network includes major video game publishers, including Nintendo and Sega, as well as many partners in electronics, toys, apparel, lifestyle goods, entertainment and more. Tetris Holding, LLC, is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide, and The Tetris Company, Inc. is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris brand and Tetris products, please visit www.tetris.com.
For all press related inquiries, please contact: