Test Your Knowledge With This Tetris Quiz
How many Tetris facts do you know?
Tetris has a long, fascinating history. Over the years, it has become one of the most popular puzzle games in the world. While most people know about Tetris, there are many facts about the game and its origins that just might surprise you. If you think you know everything there is to know about Tetris, why not test your knowledge with our Tetris quiz!
1) The famous Tetris theme song you know and love originated as a Russian folk song known as what?
a. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
2) What year was Tetris released for the Nintendo Game Boy?
3) Who created Tetris while working for the Soviet Academy of Sciences?
a. Henk Rogers
b. Maria Sharapova
c. Alexey Pajitnov
d. Mikhail Baryshinikov
4) A fully playable recreation of the original version of Tetris was part of an exhibit in which musuem?
a. The Smithsonian Institution
b. Art Institute of Chicago
c. The Museum of Modern Art in New York
d. California Science Center
5) Who was the first person to achieve 999,999 points on the NES version of Tetris in 2009?
a. Harry Hong
b. Jonas Neubauer
c. Ben Mullen
d. Thor Aackerlund
6) How many Tetriminos are there in Tetris?
Photo Credit: © Tetris Holding
7) What is the name of the Russian cosmonaut who made Tetris the first video game played in outer space back in 1993?
a. Sergei Krikalev
b. Valeri Polyakov
c. Alexey Leonov
d. Aleksandr Serebrov
8) In 2014, Drexel University’s gaming department played Tetris on the side of the Cira Centre building in which Pennsylvania city?
9) Who directed the 2011 documentary, Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters?
a. Chris Higgins
b. Vince Clemente
c. Alexey Pajitnov
d. Adam Cornelius
10) Which of these Tetris games can be played on smartphones and tablets?
a. Tetris Blitz
b. Puyo Puyo Tetris
c. Tetris Ultimate
d. Tetris Party
While some of these questions will likely be a piece of cake, others may surprise you and teach you something you didn’t know about Tetris. To see how many you got right, we’ve listed the answer key down below. Just remember, don’t cheat and look at the answer key first!
Photo Credit: ©Ubisoft
Answer Key: B, A, C, C, A, A, D, B, D, A
So, how many answers did you get correct? If you’re looking to brush up on your Tetris knowledge even further, be sure to go back and revisit our article on the history of the Tetris Theme, recap 5 Tetris references in pop culture, and find out what makes Tetris so incredibly addictive.
If all this Tetris info has put you in the mood for a few dozen rounds of Tetris, we’ve got you covered. Click here to play Tetris online!